Tuesday, June 19, 2007

This 'N That

Sam's been gone at Webelos camp for 2 whole days now. I'm just starting to miss him. I look over at our keyboard and see his water bottle there and it makes me think of him. With three other kids, I'm kept busy for sure, but you can still miss the presence of that one. I wonder how he is doing. Is he sleeping OK at night? Does he have fears? Is there enough light in his tent at night? Or is he keeping his flashlight on? Is he finding food he likes? I know he won't starve, but he is very picky. People think experiences like this help change a picky eater. They don't. I've sent him two letters... one yesterday and one today. I they make him smile, but not make him miss home.

Today is my first PTO meeting of the new year. I sent out an agenda already to all the members with notes of details we'll discuss. It feels like we are off to a good start. I have a lot to do this summer, but the more I get done, the better the school year will go.

Abby had her first swim meet last night. She did great! She got first in her age group for the backstroke and second for freestyle. She was put in the 9-10 group for a relay and they got third. I think it was a good freshman effort!! I love things that boost their self confidence, but I don't overpraise so much that they think their confidence depends on it. She added to my letter to Sam, telling him about her success at the meet.

I can't remember what I have said here, but my mini-disc does not have one main capability I thought it would. I thought I could record and then upload to the computer. NO. I need a Hi-MD (MD stands for mini-disc) model to do that. So I am putting it back on eBay to sell it, however, I'm keeping the microphone and some discs. It has two days left until the auction is over. I'm hoping I can get a decent amount to go towards my Hi-MD. In the meantime, I've been shopping e-Bay for the Hi-MD. They are not as common on eBay and will take a little longer to shop for. I'm willing to wait.

No comments: