Monday, June 11, 2007

Me Want COOKIE!!




I think that is a direct quote from the Cookie Monster and it is so true for me right now. I just really want some Chips Deluxe Rainbow Cookies. I don't really care for the regular...it's the Rainbow Chips Ahoy that really make me sing. I don't know if it's the fact that you get three big m&m's in each cookie that you can always count on (I'm sure someone does an inspection that makes sure they are all accounted for and placed equidistant from each other). I don't know if it's just the right amount of chocolate in the combination of the chips and m&m's in each cookie. Maybe it's the fact that I hide them and keep them to myself so they are all MINE. But, that's the sad part...I haven't bought any since pre-Lent. I really, really want some now. I think I will buy some at the store the next time I shop. Nothing can really take it's place. Not the fig neuton bars in the same hiding spot...not the caramels left over from a dessert I made a long time ago...not the Hershey bars that are left over from our camping s'mores supply. I really just want a Chips Deluxe Rainbow Cookie. Will I get over them eventually? Will they grow old to me and not hold their illustrious desire some day? Will I move onto another cookie and leave it in the dust like I did to Famous Amos? I don't know. But I think I do know that I'm tired of giving them up. Lent is OVER! Isn't it time to kill the fatted calf and dig in?? I'm sick of trying to be something I'm not, a non-cookie eater. I love my cookies. "C" is for Cookie, that's good enough for me (Cookie Monster).

No comments: