Friday, June 15, 2007

A Snapshot

What's at the top of my to-do list?
--Get Sam ready for Webelos camp. He leaves this Sunday and he'll stay five nights!! Someone suggesting putting each change of clothes into zip lock bags and label them for each day. Sam doesn't like the idea of writing me a letter so I asked him if he would fill out a questionnaire and he said yes! So now I have to write up a questionnaire and put it in a self-addressed stamped envelope! What a mother has to go through to get a letter! I plan on sending him some letters to let him know how we are doing and a care package. What am I going to do when he goes to college??
--Do final preparations for PTO meeting Tuesday
--Laundry, laundry and more laundry.
--Buy Father's Day cards
--Have kids make cards for Dad
--Practice music for Women's Group Monday night
--Need to work on my PTO slide show
--Need to develop pictures REALLY bad

What have I accomplished?
--Cleaned the Suburban inside and out, scrubbing down the vinyl, vacuuming the seats and floors and washing the outside.
--I have survived two weeks of camp! One Girl Scouts and one Cub Scouts. Managed to find a carpooler for both!
--Wrote up agenda for PTO meeting on Tuesday
--Finished recording the Children's Liturgy CD of music for all liturgies! I still need to do a Lent CD.

What's bugging me?
--Loud, highly charged cries. I will not miss it when they outgrow it.

What's my latest obsession?
--Going to the subdivision pool!! This is my first year of it not feeling like more work than fun! It is like a new lease on life! The kids are more independent and can move about the pool without my help or close supervision. I can actually sit on the edge and hang out! What a huge blessing!

What's been making me happy?
--My mini-disc recorder was delivered yesterday!! I'm so excited! I tested it to make sure it works and all is good.
--The kids being active this summer in many activities. They are having so much fun...and that in turn, makes me happy! Next week it's Vacation Bible School for Abby and Webelos Camp for Sam and then we can rest a little before our long weekend camping trip to Eminence.
--My panini maker. I'm telling you, it's got to be my favorite kitchen appliance. I was able to make sandwiches that pleased everyone. Ted and I had chicken, roasted red pepper, provolone, mushroom and bacon sandwich, Abby had the same but without red peppers and mushrooms, and Sam had grilled cheese. Ben and Mary had eaten earlier because they were hungry. It's like pizza....you can customize to the eater fairly easily.
--The fun afternoons at the pool. We go up after Mary's nap around 3pm and stay through Sam and Abby's swim practice. It works for everyone!

No comments: