Sunday, April 01, 2007

A Pictorial Snapshot

*slapshand* Bad blogger...bad...bad!! I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while. I really have a good reason. I'll get to that in a moment. I'm calling this a "Pictorial Snapshot" because, wherever I can, I will insert a picture.


What's at the top of my to-do list?
--I'm hosting my next CRHP group and we are going through the Catechism. I need to teach this chapter so I need to read the chapter and prepare a teaching. I also need to clean my house because I'm the host too!!
--Look up a novena to the Holy Spirit to pray for a friend who's daughter does not feel ready to be confirmed with the rest of her class.
--Help Ted clean out the bed near the garage and decide want to plant there. I like plants with year round interested. This picture shows the bed and the dead holly (it was transported from our neighbor's yard and the root ball was too small). I hope to plant a weeping redbud, another holly in the middle, some Little Henry Sweetspires, Creeping Jenny (ground cover), some euyonomous bushes, and ornamental grass. I'd like to show you the after pictures later.

While I'm at it...here are some pictures of the other beds. This picture is the bed to the left of the porch. We have a Fosters Holly (center upright pyramidal), boxwoods (under the window), lemon thread cypress (two big gold bushes...one by the angel, and the other is past the ducks), a euyonomous and barberries (near the ducks), with a rhodadendrum at the very end along with a Beckman's Gold Arborvitae. In the foreground of the picture are some Princess Spirea.


This last picture is of three Pieris in front of the porch. All of these plants (excluding the Spirea and bayberries), keep their foliage year round. That's what I love about our landscaping...we get to enjoy the color year round!! And that's what I hope to continue in the bed near the garage.



What have I accomplished?
--Did my Palm Sunday liturgy with the kids at church and it went great! Many of them got to stand up and take a part in the Passion story. We held up color pictures and took them step by step through Jesus' last days.

--I've managed to shower, change diapers, wipe poopy bottoms, refill sippy cups...all with stitches in my hand. Yes, I cut the heel of my hand while using a mandolin to slices onions, last Wednesday. My mom came over to watch the kids while I went to urgent care to get a tetanus shot and 4 stitches.

What's been bugging me? This...and this...

What’s been making me happy?
--Watching the kids play in the sandbox and swinging on the swingset
--Using my new Cuisinart Griddler
--Eating healthy
--Easter is coming
--Lisa and I are celebrating our birthdays tomorrow by spending the day together shopping. My mother-in-law is watching the kids








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MIssy! I had no idea you cut your hand! Boy! You an Kay make quite the pair! I really am in shock - it looks painful! Are you okay???