Thursday, February 22, 2007

Come Tour My House...Quick Before It's Messy Again!!

Sometimes I make myself laugh. When I had my house all clean for the dinner party last weekend and the Ted was taking the kids to my parents...I was there all alone. Do you know how rare that is? For one, every room in my house being clean at the same time...and two, I was alone in the said clean house. Rare, I tell you. So what do I do? Well first, I poured myself a glass of wine. Then, I grabbed my camera and started snapping away. When else will my house be this clean? Maybe for Abby's First Communion. But, I'm very conditioned to cleaning up toys, only to have them dumped again. Washing dishes, to make room for more dirty dishes. Doing laundry, only to have more clothes be dirtied. Cleaning a carpet, only to have more urine, grape jelly and play doh stain it again. If I'm sounding bitter, I'm not trying to. It's just the cycle of life. And lately I'm pretty grateful for all the life surrounding me right now. All those things mean, I am surrounded by people and I'm not lonely!
These first two pictures are of Abby and Mary's room. The first is a view from the bedroom door if you were to look right. That bedspread I bought for Abby at TJ Maxx or Marshall's, and can't seem to buy another one for Mary. They only had one at the time, but the lady assured me they get them all the time. I haven't found it since. It is a "That's Me" brand and it's Sophia Rose pattern. I'm kinda a "matchy matchy" girl and it might drive me a bit crazy not to have the girls quilts match. I hate to buck up and get the whole quilt bundle (with more things than I want) on the internet. The other option is to buy two more quilts that match. This one was only about $30.

As you see, the new white closet doors and trim were put up in January. I also need to get a dresser that matches the chest of drawers because Abby has outgrown it. There is a little white desk in the corner that my sister nabbed at a garage sale. The curtains are valentine table cloths (bought post season three years ago) split in two to make panels and hung on clip rings.



The next two pictures are of my room. To the left of the guitar is a hallway that has shelving and our closets and it leads to the master bath. I no longer like the golden oak. I'd prefer a dark mahogany. But what do you do? You can't waste good furniture! Both my parents and in-laws have had the same bedroom furniture since they've been married! We're talking a good 40+ years for both of them! The entertainment center was given to us by our old neighbors. It matches perfectly and helps us fill that big wall. On the opposite wall (adjacent to the bed) is my dresser and Ted's chest of drawers.



These next two are of our breakfast room. The first one isn't a great picture since it was taken at dusk. The seat closest to the wall is where I sit to blog on my laptop. Of course, with guests coming over, we stored the laptop away. After that is the kitchen (to the right of the breakfast room). I'm tellin' ya...my counters never look like that. To the right of the fridge is a doorway that leads to the Family Room. This view is from the doorway. The next picture is from the fireplace. I almost don't recognize it because there are no toys on the floor and the carpets are cleaned!




And last, is our living room. I didn't post the dining room since I showed it on the last post. And Ben's room was also posted previously. I hope you enjoyed our little tour. Thank you for coming to see my house!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Missy!
I wish my house could look that clean once in a while! Alas, I have no such excuse as '4 small children' for it not to be that way. Would a nephew and three pets count?! ;)

Anonymous said...

Miss, your house looks fantastic! It's such a great feeling to have it like that, isn't it? I know we will often book several things in one week so we can get all of our entertaining done quickly before it gets messy again!

Missy said...

Ann,
I would call the full time job to be enough right there!

Yes, Theresa...it's already changed. But it's nice to look back at the pictures and remember what it looked like!