Wednesday, February 07, 2007

A Snapshot

What's at the top of my to-do list?
--Prepare for new Dining Room furniture! It's being delivered on Friday. I'd like to have some idea on how to decorate the room before my dinner party in a week and a half. Did I just say a week and a half?? YIKES!!
--Get the Dining Room and Family Room carpets cleaned.
--Start working on the PTO album. We've been taking pictures at all of our events so we can make an album for the school. It will be available at our two big meetings a year and Back to School night, for people to browse through. We are also keeping all the pictures digitally, so we can have a slide showing while people are in the long line at the Back to School night.

What have I accomplished?
--On my Mom's Day Out day, I cleaned the house and caught up on laundry instead of going "out". It felt so good. It was worth it.
--Made a schedule for the liturgical year next year for Children's Liturgy. I found a website that gave me next year's liturgical calendar. All I have to do is plug in the volunteers. It already has the season, the color and the dates on it. I know this is way in advance but I saved it to use later. I like doing things while I'm motivated and thinking about it.
--Got Abby's dress for First Communion. My friend had two to choose from that she bought for bargain prices last year. One of them doesn't fit her daughter, so I get it! I think it was only $15.
--Bought treat bag items for three kids at "Life's a Party". I got those rubber bracelets in pink and red for Abby's class (30!), and some for Mary's class. I got Valentine stickers for Ben's class.
--Registered Ben for preschool next year. I didn't register as soon as I could have so the morning classes are FULL! I took afternoon. It runs M,W,F 12:30-3:00. It's right next door to the older kids grade school so pick up will be interesting because they both let out at the same time. Hmmm...

What's bugging me?
--It's not really bugging me, but I'm pondering how to nicely put 10 people at a table that fits 8. I think I'm going to bring up my corner nook table from downstairs and add it to the end of my new table. I don't know how it will work height-wise. And then I'm thinking...do I put a table cloth over the whole thing? How do I find a table cloth long enough? Do I make it myself? Do I put two together and do each table separately? Hmmmm...Maybe I just stick two people at each end and 4 on each side. My table is 44 inches wide. It could work.
--I missed my scheduled Children's Liturgy time this past Sunday. My last one was Dec 17, so I just thought it was one to two weeks later. I should have double checked my schedule. Duh! It was so embarrassing, the priest called out for the Children's Liturgist and no one came. The church was FULL of families because it was Boy Scout Sunday. He said, "UH OH". When no one came up. I thought...could it be MY turn?? Later, me and some other liturgists discovered it was my turn. I sent out an apology to the group via e-mail. It was utterly humiliating. I think I'm finally starting to forgive myself.
--Ben and Mary are taking scissors to my fake plants! NO! They WON'T grow back!

What's my latest obsession?
--I've been thinking about how to decorate my Dining Room. I think one big piece of artwork is in order. But where do I go from there? I know...I should just wait until the furniture comes in.
--The Food network channel. I spent so much time researching my Beef Wellington, I was wishing I knew more about cooking. I'm thinking about putting one of the shows on my record list next to Oprah. Then I can decide when I have time to watch them instead of being subject to their scheduling. Which show do I record? Paula Dean? That pretty, Italian girl?, the half home-made/half store bought lady? You can tell I'm bad at names. And then there's Rachel Ray. Which one?? You guys have a lot of questions to answer.

What's been making me happy?
--I'm finally getting new Dining Room furniture. After three years of living with an empty room. I can't believe it. I'm so excited.
--Ted eluded that maybe next year we can replace some of our flooring. That's why I avoided cleaning the carpet. But it's so affordable to do, it's worth getting them cleaned to tie me over.
--Mary is through (temporarily) that horribly crabby stage she was going through last week. Thank God. Things have been pretty good this week.

No comments: