Monday, October 30, 2006

A Snapshot

What's at the top of my to-do list?
--Renew my focus on cropping to get ready for my crop weekend in 3 weeks. This means I have to develop lots of pictures and start cropping the ones I have already developed (hundreds). When I go to a weekend, my focus is on putting the pictures to a page and embellishing (what little I do). I usually have them cropped and organized already so I can make the most of my time there. I can't do this with Mary around. I have to do this when she is in bed. I'm hoping I can make it a little bed time routine...put Mary down and then crop pictures in front of the TV with Ted.
--Relax...don't worry about anything

What have I accomplished?
--Just had Mary's birthday party last night. Phew. Three fall birthdays and parties--D*O*N*E
I just want to live a little and enjoy not having something large looming in the horizon. Yes the holidays are coming up but I have already done most of my family's Christmas shopping and I can enjoy the rest of it gradually.
--Successfully led my second Children's Liturgy. Hopefully it will soon feel like an old shoe and I won't worry about it so much.

What's bugging me?
--Hmmmm...I don't know. I'm a little brain dead. Um, nothing huge right now.

What's my latest obsession?
--I don't seem to wait long after something is finished before moving on to the next project. This one I find more enjoyable and less burdensome....cropping. I can't wait to sink my teeth into this. I hate keeping my pictures waiting. The longer I wait, the more I'll have to do later. But I also know that I just can't make it a priority when there are so many other things to take care of. It has it's time and place. Now is a good time to try and squeeze it in.

What's been making me happy?
--We've committed to a Marriage Encounter weekend the first weekend in December and already arranged babysitting with the grandparents. A weekend with Ted! It feels so long ago!
--Having the fall birthdays done. Next one is in May. Don't get me wrong...I enjoy them, it's just a lot in 5 weeks.
--My crop weekend coming up!
--I'm having more fun with Ben and Mary. They feel less of a burden and just more enjoyable. Mary has more toys now so I hope she can keep herself busier.
--The beautiful fall day today! It is gorgeous outside. I visited my mom and sister and we took a walk and played outside with the kids. It was fun!
--Ted is working with a travel agent through work to book us a trip to Jamaica mon! We are aiming for the first week in June. I can't wait to spend this time with him! We haven't been on a trip like this since the kids have been born and have never been to an all inclusive resort! I can't wait! We will be celebrating 15 years of marriage in June.

No comments: