Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Blinking Cursor Stage

A couple of days ago, I talked about the blinking cursor I was staring at. In a way, I'm in a little bit of a "blinking cursor stage" in my life. This isn't a bad thing. It's really kinda good. I think of the "blinking cursor stage" as a time to think and process where to go next. Kind of like on the computer when there is a blinking cursor...you just said some things and now you are trying to figure out what you are going to say next. I'm finishing up a big chapter of PTO, taking care younger, needy kids, watching my niece once a week... and I'm moving on to a little more freedom. This is a time to pause and say, "How do I spend this extra time?" Yes...as you've noticed...my mind has already moved on to helping school and helping an outreach organization in our church. But still, those are seeds of thought that I can't really act on yet. They really won't start until the next school year. So I am at pause. Not a pregnant pause...whew...just a pause.

I guess I don't let my mind stay idle long. Sometimes this is not a good thing. I want to make sure that God has room to play in there. I want to make sure my mind is not so noisy that I can't hear God's whisper to me. If we overload our schedule, we don't have time to help anybody, much less ourselves. And we don't have time to act on God's promptings. I hope I stay still long enough to hear him. And I hope he tells me something really good!

No comments: