Friday, October 05, 2007

This N That

They say if you start typing, you'll think of what you want to say. So I'll just keep these keys moving until something smart or witty comes out. Sometimes I think that's why I do "This n That" blogs. I really don't have one full thought, but a bunch of little unimportant ones. Here are the thoughts in my head lately:
--I can't wait until Ted gets his "make up" commission check from work. (They made things changes at work which made it harder for Ted to sign deals and have promised a check to make up for his lost commissions). I'm making a list of things I want to buy. It's not exciting, but here it is: Fall church clothes for the kids, fall wreaths for the front door, waterproof mattress pads for all the kids beds or at least on the new mattresses (Sam and Abby), plant two trees in the yard (after taking out two dead ones), and carpeting in the family room. Yes, you heard me...carpeting to replace the filthy, germinated, stained beyond belief carpeting in the family room. I found and blog that announced we would wait until Mary turned four to replace the said carpeting. I have found all kinds of reasons to wait but have ignored my true hearts desire. Wait until they are all potty trained (by that time she will be). Wait until you can enforce no eating in the family room (ain't gonna happen), wait until they are out of drippy sippy cups (what..then have them bring full drinks in there? Nuh uh. I think we'll be in sippy cups until they go to Kindergarten!) Wait until...wait until...wait until. I'm feeling the shackles break off of me as I speak. I am free! I can buy soon! I don't have to wait!

--It's time for Mary's big girls bed and I have waited for this moment for so long! When she was a baby I bought Abby's quilt and vowed to find the match with constant searches at TJ Maxx. It never happened. I ended up buying it on eBay and spending too much...but they had to match!! When I bought Abby's bed skirt two years ago, I bought one for Mary. People laughed at me, "She's in a baby bed! It'll be a while!" I didn't care. I had a vision of my girls' shared room and I was planning ahead. What if Target discontinued their Shabby Chic line of bedskirts and Mary had to have a non-matching one?? (They didn't, I just saw it there last week). I even arranged the room so that all we had to do was swap out the bed and put in the new one. I bought a mattress and box spring at an Estate Sale this past summer for $25 (actually a wood bed came with it too!!). Now I am ready. She's not fully potty trained, but the real goal was to have it done for her third birthday, just like I did with Ben. Then, at her party, everyone can come up and see the "big girl's" bed. I can't wait. And she is thrilled, too!

--I love mowing the lawn. I'm not sure why. I think it's being outdoors and having time to think. I think it's also the transformation from tall and shaggy, to trimmed and plush.

--House guests are coming and I'm in a good place. It doesn't have to be perfect and yet, I feel good about how everything is. As I get older, these things get easier...Thank God.

--I did my meal planning for another month. I have new meals I'm trying. If I like them, I'll pass on the recipes. I'm looking for family friendly meals. I'm so anal, I have plotted my whole list by isle location and put it in an Excel Spreadsheet. Yup. That's me. You want a copy? It's of Schnuck's. You may not have one in your area.

--I made new Children's Liturgy CD's for the different seasons of the church. I'm so thrilled to complete this. Abby recorded the final songs with me last night. She is such a trooper.

--My principal asked me to be on a "marketing team" for the school. I agreed because I have not learned to press my tongue to the roof of my mouth for the "Nnnnoooo" word. And actually, I happen to enjoy challenges. We are trying to increase our enrollment and tenure. Sounds like my HR job!! This requires four all day workshops to be trained. I laugh at the hoops I had to jump through: Have Ben skip preschool on those days...check, find a babysitter for the kids...check, return favor of babysitting by painting my mom's two extra bedrooms...check, ask carpool if we can afternoon drive with the morning drive...check! Whoo. It's not easy replacing a mom of four for four whole days!

--We're getting an Arby's near us. Fast food is always big news around here.

--My sister was off today and it was sheer bliss talking on the phone with her. She is a gift from God to me.

--I want to call my friend, Theresa in Australia...which requires planning with the time change. I'll write it on my to-do list and then it will really happen!

--Ben peed in his bed last night. He's potty trained, but accidents still happen. It's a lllooonnng process.

--I gotta end this blog and pick up Sam and Abby from their friend's house. They are swimming!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want a copy!! I can tweak it for products we don't get and add our own in!