Tuesday, October 16, 2007

My Happiest Moments of the Week

Taking the advice of Elizabeth Gilbert from the book Eat, Pray, Love , I have been writing down my happiest moment each day. Here is what I captured last week:
10/8--Columbus Day. Ted played hooky from work and I kept Ben home from preschool. Sam and Abby were already off. My happiest moment this day was sitting outside in lawn chairs with Ted watching 9 kids (including our own) play in the court...riding bikes, skateboarding, riding skooters, etc. We are blessed!
10/9--Daytime-Taking a walk with my mom, Ben and Mary on a path behind her house that leads to a small playground.
Evening--One on one conversations with fellow school moms at McTeacher Night
10/10--Girl's night out at the mall with my mom and sisters! It doesn't get any better than this!
10/11--Eating icecream with Ted after the kids went down for bed.
10/12--Cousin's came over this evening for dinner and visiting. It was relaxing and fun.
10/13--Relaxing with my guests at our bday party for Sam and remembering when it seemed like a lot more work to throw a party.
10/14--All day crop at Archivers!!! I went all by myself and I thoroughly enjoyed it!!

After looking at my week, I think, I had a pretty darn good week! Maybe that's the whole purpose of this exercise!!

No comments: