Friday, September 26, 2008

Husband's away, the mice will play...or clean...

Ted left yesterday for his golf trip. He's not far, but he'll be gone until Sunday morning. It's funny, because, my house is cleaner when Ted is gone. It's not because he's a messy person. I think he is neater than me...it's because I clean like a maniac when he is gone. Why do I do this?It doesn't happen when he is gone for one night...it happens any time he's gone for a longer period..which doesn't happen often. I think I've figured it out why. I can feel overwhelmed with all the responsibilities when Ted is gone, so if I control the one thing I can (the house), I automatically feel that much better. So everything I pass, get's picked up, put away, folded, thrown away, etc. And I feel a little more in control.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Missy, You haven't blogged in a while. I tag you for a meme if you are interested. Check Dec. 1 on my blog.