Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A Snapshot

What's at the top of my to-do list?
--Make a final grocery list for our Eminence camping trip
--Visit friend in the hospital tomorrow
--Pick up canoe from sister's house this weekend to take down to Eminence

What have I accomplished?
--Put together a bunch of songs to sing around the campfire. Made chord sheet for guitarists and lyrics sheets for singers.
--Organized all of the volunteers for our swim team (about 33) to work the last two meets. Some of it has been crazy...but fun too.
--Finished up a week of Vacation Bible School

What's been driving me crazy?
--The multiple times I have to take Mary to the bathroom at the pool. I swear she is drinking all the pool water!

What has disappointed me?
--I have totally been thrown off my Jazzercize track. Have things gotten busier? Or have I lost the motivation to work on the usual busyness of my life? Either way, I'm disappointed in my lack of discipline to get myself there. Yes, I like Jazzercize, but for some reason I've lost my momentum.

What's my latest obsession?
--I'm excited about the puppy. I set out Charlie's new feeding bowls as a reminder of the change that is about to hit our house. Or should I say the tornado that is about to hit our house. I know having a puppy isn't easy. I've done it before. No more shoes can be left lying around unless I want them to be chewed up. No toys left on the floor that can be swallowed. I need to be ready for accidents. I need to be ready to be on constant duty during that critical house breaking period. I want to do it right. I'm also thinking about the fun things...the kids enjoying Charlie, walks with him, making him a part of our family. He just turned 4 weeks old today. We'll get him when he is 10 weeks old. We have 6 weeks to get ready for the big change in our house...
--Not really an obsession...but my latest thought: Ted just told me he'd be willing to change his stance on the type of flooring we put in our family room. He's always pushed for carpet and just today told me that he's willing to let me put wood in there like we want for the rest of the living areas (eventually). I'm thinking engineered hardwood would be perfect. That way we could install it ourselves (or pay someone to help us). We can't afford to do this now...and who knows when we will...but at least I won't worry anymore about those accidents Charlie will have.

What's been making me happy?
--All the outdoor fun with my family. I love being outside...trips to the pool, walks in the neighborhood, swim meets, softball games, etc.
--Spending more time with the kids. It's great having them home for the summer...and not having to do carpool!
--I just cut Mary's hair to a short bob. No more tangles. But what happened to my baby? She's my little girl now.
--Mary got to finally change her earrings for the first time since they've been pierced. She is now wearing her new cupcake earrings that her aunt bought her for pooping in the potty. She is so proud!
--I'm looking forward to our trip to Eminence. We are meeting about 11 families there! It has just grown and grown every year!
--My brother and his girlfriend got engaged! We will celebrate in Eminence because they are coming too! All the way from New Orleans!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Missy,
I was shocked to hear that you had car trouble on the way back!! Thank God you were being followed by your parents.....
We had a tremendous time with your family and are totally looking forward to next year. Hopefully, you've used up all of your "black cloud" moments for the next 5 years and that next year will be fun only and no problems! Can't wait to see your pics!
Love,
Aunt Kathy